the provided scenario and templates as a guide, complete a Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) activity resources estimation and Statement of work for the scenario project. large state government department sought the design and establishment of:
■ An intranet facility within and across the department to enable internal communication and reporting.
- A secure online facility to enable communications with other departments.
- A portal to enable access to specified areas of department functions/information.
■ A reporting system that would enable costing to be calculated on a user pays basis for external. users- this part of the system includes an extensive database of contracted organisations, including their funding arrangements with the department. head of the department approached Roseville International to provide a submission that would a business case for development and implementation of such a system. of the client government department had a newly elected minister who was required to sign off on the proposal on the finished product and required reporting. The minister was under intense pressure as the time reduce the budget deficit and to report increased efficiencies. The invariable bought resistance and see that it improved existing arrangements, as well as other end users of the system external to the department. They also needed to be consulted about the specifications for the new system.
The project ran for 12, months and included the design, development and implementation of equipment and infrastructure, trialing and training of all users. The time frame was very tight and a key issue was seeking and incorporating feedback from end-users, at a time at which they were unfamiliar with the product.
Since no one internally seemed to have the capacity to understand or scope the requirements for the system, specifications were left fairly open. Relying on Roseville to provide what it believed to be the best fit solution to the problem: to increase efficiency across the organization.
The project team
Roseville International agree to pull together a consortium that include three other companies as subcontractors: Netcom, Newcomb and Style
- Roseville international provided the program manager and three of its 20 staff assisted in project
- Newcom specialised in designing system architecture and troubleshooting. It had just picked up several large contractors in Asia and was experiencing a substantial demand on its resources do needed to recruit additional staff to provide the technical expertise to the project.
- Newcomb was a small but vibrant company which undertook all the communication and consultation activities with stakeholders and the end users of the system throughout the project and provided training to them in the latter stage of the project,
- Style Specialised in data management systems and designed, installed and piloted software
It was also responsible for procuring all requires hardware and software.
Managing project communications across the team was carefully considered since the team members were located in different states and each one had substantial existing business commitments.
Throughout the project, team member’s struggled with implementing the communication process agrees in the original communication plan.
Despite this the project was able to come in on time, but did require some minor modifications to the scope on the final product to accommodate changes in technology between the beginning and end of the project.
- What should include in a work breakdown (WBS) structure include in order to enable effective planning and control?
- Define Critical Path Method (CPM) and mention the process of identifying it.
- Explain various project estimation tools and techniques to determine task duration and resource effort.
- What are general procedures for managing project baseline and variance?
- Define project life cycle and explain each phases.
- Describe various time management methods along with their benefits and limitations.
- What are the key tools for project scheduling? Provide an example of project scheduling.
How can you get feedback from the stakeholders on the progress of your project in relation to time management?
We have below Writing Services