This assignment should be based on your current employer/business or a business with which you have had some recent exposure and with which you are familiar.
Presenting your findings Your report should be presented in a management report format which includes an:
Executive summary (make it brief), Introduction (setting out the scope of your work), Main body,
Recommendation and Conclusion
Your report should incorporate the following steps:
1. Identify the firm’s existing vision, mission, objectives, and strategies.
2. Develop vision and mission statements for the organization.
3. (a) Identify the organization’s external opportunities and threats.
(b) Develop PESTEL
4. Construct a Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM).
5. Construct an External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Matrix
6. Identify the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
7. Construct an Internal Factor Evaluation (IFE) Matrix.
8. Recommend long-term objectives and specific strategies to achieve them. Compare your
recommendations to actual strategies planned by the company.
9. Choose (any two) matrix from question 9.
Prepare a Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) Matrix, Strategic Position
and Action Evaluation (SPACE) Matrix, Boston Consulting
Group (BCG) Matrix, Internal-External (IE) Matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix,
and Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) as appropriate.
10. Specify how your recommendations can be implemented and what results you can expect.
What Management, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, R&D and CIS issue, if any you
foresee. Your recommendations to address them.
11. Recommend procedures for strategy review and evaluation.
Type of organization
If your organisation is part of a larger international organization, you may consider only
your country’s division. Avoid considering individual departments or sections of an
organisation as this will constrain you to deal with functional-level strategy only.
If your organisation is a government department, proceed with an analysis of that division,
providing, it is a budgetary centre. Dealing with a subdivision will constrain you to deal
with functional-level strategy only.
If your organisation is an independent not-for-profit entity, proceed according to the advice